Monday, March 14, 2016

Book Review: Tiny Glitches (Rebecca Chastain)

Tiny Glitches
by: Rebecca Chastain

Genres: Fantasy, Paranormal Romance


Life isn’t exactly normal for Eva Parker: the stronger Eva’s emotions, the faster nearby electrical devices die. Eva can’t have a cell phone, use a computer, or be in a car for more than a few minutes without killing it. Dealing with her electricity-killing curse makes living in modern-day Los Angeles complicated enough for Eva—and that was before she was blackmailed into hiding a stolen baby elephant and partnered with Hudson, a sexy electrical engineer Eva just met. 

Dodging repeated attempts on her life made by ruthless corporations hunting the elephant is easier for Eva than quelling her growing affection for Hudson, and while protecting an elephant is hard, controlling her curse is a lot harder. However, Eva must do both, because if she lets her emotions free and falls in love with Hudson, neither of them will survive. 

Enchanting and quirky, Tiny Glitches fuses electrifying romance and high-voltage suspense in a rollicking adventure. 
So, as you hopefully know, I reviewed Rebecca's OTHER two books last week, A Fistful of Evil and A Fistful of Fire (you can see the respective reviews by clicking the book titles), and she was VERY, VERY nice and offered to send me an ecopy of Tiny Glitches...but I already downloaded it, so there wasn't any need for that.


 At first, I was a little worried that Tiny Glitches wouldn't quite live up to the Madison Fox Series because, let's face it, they're some of my favorite books.  I was so worried by this that I went to my mom and asked her for advice. She, of course, said I had an obligation to be honest, even if I adore Rebecca Chastain (she is honestly so nice). I knew she was right, but it turned out to be something I really didn't need to worry about.


Tiny Glitches was nothing like any paranormal fantasy book I have ever read, and I have read a LOT. You really can't even compare it to the Madison Fox Series, it's almost like they're written by a totally different author. Sometimes when you read books of the same genre, by the same author, you can see aspects of the other books in the one you're reading and it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it was a surprise to realize that, had I not intentionally downloaded it because she's basically my new favorite fantasy author, I would have never have guessed the same author wrote it. Not only because the books are so different, but also because her characters are complete opposites. It was like she changed her writing style to match the way the current character thinks and talks. I would honestly love to read a book by her that switches P.O.V because I just know it'd be amazing.

 In the beginning I was slightly confused about Eva's powers, but I liked the way you just kind of jumped right into the story.  And...I mean, an elephant? Powers? Hot guy? Random crazy chick? Handcuffs? Kidnappings? Treason? FBI??  Ninjas?! This story had everything. The only thing missing was Niko, but Hudson helped ease the pain...a little. I just love Niko, okay? You're all just going to have to accept it.

There was a lot going on in this book, and Jenny kept me as confused as she kept Eva and Hudson, which I think might have been the point. In the end, it kinda worked. You figured everything out in the end.

Every time something happened with Eva's powers, and Hudson got annoyed, I was mentally screaming at Eva to stop being so stupid and just tell Hudson about her freaking powers! She kept feeling super bad about it, but instead of helping them both she just let him blame it on poor Kyoko. I mean, the man was totally cool with lots of illegal stuff, why wouldn't he be cool with her powers?
I can't believe Hudson reacted that way when Eva told him! That was such a jerk thing to do! And, it was so obvious that it was her fault about the phones and cars. Her house runs on GAS for crying out loud! It's HIS fault she was kidnapped; if he'd have believed her and stayed the creepy guy wouldn't have been able to snatch her! Stupid Hudson. 

In the end, I expected her to get total control of her powers, but it was nice that she didn't. The ending can't be TOO perfect....I was confused about why Eva's aunt had control, but she didn't, but it wasn't enough confusion to overpower the story.

Okay, so, honestly, I want this book to be made into a movie so bad. It'd be hilarious to see a bunch of random stuff floating through the air and the actors trying to ignore it...I want it to happen.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book. I found myself daydreaming about what would happen next, instead of doing whatever was keeping me from getting lost in the book. Yet again, Rebecca has greatly impressed me with her ability to describe surroundings in such a way that I never had to ask myself what something looked like. Honestly, whether or not she asks me/us to read/review her books, I'm gonna do it. I love the worlds she creates around her characters and I can't get enough of them.

I can't wait to get lost in her next book, but, unfortunately, I have other books that I must read first. I have to be fair to the other authors...but it'll happen.

Alright, my loves, the links will be below.

Keep your noses in the pages. I'll blog you lovelies later!


















No comments :

Post a Comment

We value your opinion, so feel free to share it with us!

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »