Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Book Review: Finding Audrey (Sophie Kinsella)


Finding Audrey
By: Sophie Kinsella
Genres: Contemporary, Fiction, Humor, Novel


An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family.



                        
Hello Lovely people!!! 'Tis I, Naomi!! Yes. I am still breathing. And today I will be reviewing Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella. 

This was a pretty good, boo, and I say "pretty good" because it didn't leave me with that feeling you get after reading certain books. Ya know how you read something and you just sit there after you've finished it and think "wow this book has made me think differently about this or that"? Yeah, well this book had none of that. In fact, it had very little effect on my emotions. I'm not saying it was BAD but just that I couldn't find the connection I wanted to with this book. 


So it takes place in modern day England and is about a girl named Audrey who suffers from severe anxiety. After meeting a guy named Linus things start to change. Now the thing about this book is that it is completely different from what it claims to be. I was expecting the author to go into a bit more detail about the relationship between Audrey and Linus but there is hardly any. I mean, he comes over they eventually kiss and that's about all you get. If this guy is helping her step out of her comfort zone and become herself again I would like to know why. Sure they play this game where they have to go up to people and say something and that's cool and it might help her but it's not enough. I don't want this "oh a guy came into my life so I'm happy now"...no. I want to know how he makes her feel, and how he is helping her through this. The author might give A LITTLE detail but not enough to grasp onto! And the whole thing between her brother and mom about the computer game gets real annoying real quick. It's kinda funny at first but diminishes soon after. You just wanna scream at the book "It's not that big of a deal!" in hopes the author can hear you and change it. It frustrates me to say the least hahahah. I did like the video diary though, it added a creative aspect that was pretty cool.

 Anyway, this book was okay. Maybe you should read it in hopes you enjoy it more than me lol. It was a quick read so it would be good for flights or long car rides but other than that I'm not really impressed. Have a great day you beautiful humans, you!!!
xoxo ~ Gossip Girl
Jk byyyyyyeeeee




 
Purchase this book through



Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »