Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Book Review: Titanborn (Rhett C. Bruno)

Titanborn
by: Rhett C. Bruno

Genres: Sci-Fi, Thriller

Malcolm Graves lives by two rules: finish the job, and get paid. After thirty years as a collector, chasing bounties and extinguishing rebellions throughout the solar system, Malcolm does what he’s told, takes what he’s earned, and leaves the questions to someone else—especially when it comes to the affairs of offworlders.

But his latest mission doesn’t afford him that luxury. After a high-profile bombing on Earth, the men who sign Malcolm’s paychecks are clamoring for answers. Before he can object, the corporation teams him up with a strange new partner who’s more interested in statistics than instinct and ships them both off to Titan, the disputed moon where humans have been living for centuries. Their assignment is to hunt down a group of extremists: Titanborn dissidents who will go to any length to free their home from the tyranny of Earth.

Heading into hostile territory, Malcolm will have to use everything he’s learned to stay alive. But he soon realizes that the situation on the ground is much more complex than he anticipated . . . and much more personal.
**WE RECEIVED A FREE COPY OF THIS BOOK IN EXCHANGE FOR THE FOLLOWING HONEST REVIEW**
Boy, oh boy, this book. 

 Although this has become a normality since starting CommonBookSense, I found myself stepping out of my comfort zone a bit on this one. I like sci-fi, don't get me wrong, I just don't know if this book is something I'd have picked up on my own.

But let me tell you, I'm so glad I read it. Not only were the characters increasingly complex, they were easily pictured and just overall well-developed. The scenery was magnificently described; I never had a problem picturing the planets, it may have helped that I'm slightly familiar with our solar system, but everything was described with a simplicity that left me in awe.

Overall, Titanborn was insanely unique, from how the world survived, to how it was thriving and expanding the touch of the human race, how they got to and from planets was even realistic! The whole world had changed, and the author was constantly introducing us readers into new things while taking strides to reach the end of the story. It all flowed at a steady pace, without leaving us fumbling in the darkness of undeveloped scenery. 

If you're looking for a  good sci-fi, space-oriented thriller, pick up Titanborn. It was released today, so you guys shouldn't have any issues purchasing it at one of the links below!

Thank you, Rhett, for allowing me to read your book pre-release. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm happy to add it to my "read-again" list.  

Keep your noses in the pages, lovelies, and I'll blog you later!
oie_bTJ8xsagIR6l.gif














Get your copy on Amazon
Don't forget to add on Goodreads

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »