Thursday, July 21, 2016

Book Review: The Tree Of Souls

The Tree of Souls 
by Katrina Archer
Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Mystery, Magic

A murky past. A forbidden love. A deathly power.

When the river spits Umbra onto its bank, naked and shivering, the only clue to her identity is the arcane brand seared into her skin. A brand hunted by both a murderous necromancer and a handsome stranger. A brand that thrusts Umbra into a simmering conflict between the ascendant Clans and the nomadic Gherza. A brand that may make her the key to averting all-out war.

The Tree of Souls weaves an intimate tale of dark sorcery, doomed love, and implacable revenge, amid an age-old clash of nations, with all the souls of the living hanging in the balance.




**We received a copy of this book in exchanged for the following honest review**

Where do I even begin?? This book was such an amazing read. It pulled me in right from the cover, and I couldn't wait until I finished the post for the day so I could hole myself up and get lost in the pages...You know a book is good when you have to get up to do something and you try to PAUSE the book! I did that after the first TWO chapters! The book is so immersive and makes you ask all these questions. One question gets answered with another question, so you're constantly guessing, but you're also interacting with the world.

The mysteriousness of it was a huge plus. You kept wondering why Umbra was, and just when you thought you figured it out, you were turned right back around.
I hate telling you what the book was about in my reviews because I feel like it's my job to tell you how the book was, not what it was about. But here it's slightly necessary. So, to start of, this girl has washed up on the river bank. She has no idea who she is or where she's from. No memories (besides basic functions, of course), you get a glimpse into her past via flashbacks and the beginning of the story that led led her to be where she is.

This book was beautifully written and executed perfectly. Not many people can pull that off. I was very impressed by the way she switched between first and third person. Not only is incredibly impressive that she was able to switch like that, but also that it was so genius that she did because it perfectly kept the secret about who was who.

I must comment on this because I'm supposed to mention it: The sex scene was written very elegantly and classy. It wasn't inappropriate at all. If you're worried about it, it shouldn't be an issue because it's only a paragraph-ish, so you can skip it....or you can read an awesome example of class..it's up to you, dear reader.

This book is a perfect combination of fantasy, romance, and mystery. I loved it. It was so, so, so good. I've read hundreds of books since I was young, but I have never read anything like this (and fantasy is my genre). You guys NEED to read this! Everything is so shocking and unexpected it's so amazing. Read it! Utilize the links below!

Keep your noses in the pages, and I'll blog you lovelies later <3
oie_bTJ8xsagIR6l.gif

Where are some of you guys from? What's your name? I'm only asking because I feel like our relationship is rather one-sided lol.
Amazon
iBooks
Kobo
or


or 


No comments :

Post a Comment

We value your opinion, so feel free to share it with us!

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »