Monday, July 20, 2015

Book Review: If I Stay: book one of the If I Stay Series (Gayle Forman)


If I Stay 
By Gayle Forman
 Genre: Romance, Young Adult, Drama

if  i stay.jpg
Just listen, Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.

I open my eyes wide now. 

                                    I sit up as much as I can.
                         And I listen.


                              Stay, he says.

Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?

Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.

If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make.
    




        This book is predictable. I mean you know what she's going to choose. It's pretty obvious, so if you like books like don't have a plot twist or are totally predictable, this one's a winner! I felt like people made this book out to be better than it actually is. I mean the girl, the odd one out in the family, is in a car wreck, loses her entire family, and I would've been shocked if it wasn't for the multiple flashbacks of the guy that she made her decision based on. I mean, yes, I fell in love with the guy. He was sweet, but I was just able to see it coming and I hate books like that. That's just my opinion, though. If you decide to read it and you disagree with me, just comment on this and let me know and I'll try to look at it in a different perspective.     

                     For your entertainment, 
                                 Sophie 

No comments :

Post a Comment

We value your opinion, so feel free to share it with us!

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »