Saturday, August 01, 2015

Book Review: Hush, Hush: book one of the Hush, Hush Series (Becca Fitzpatrick)



Hush, Hush
By Becca Fitzpatrick
 Genre:  Young-adult fiction, Fantasy literature, Romance 


"A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE

Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life."


      This is another one of those books that have been on my list for quite a while. I actually borrowed it from a friend of a friend a few years ago, but I just never go down to reading it...Boy, do I regret that now....
  This book is one of those "Oh my GOD, just get together already!" books. It did have a HUGE plot twist, well, two plot twists, actually, that I honestly wasn't expecting.
  This is positively one of those "Don't put it down until you turn the last page" books, I finished it in just under six hours....who needs sleep, am I right?... and started the second one...then the third one...then the fourth one...
    My favorite thing about this book has to be that the main protagonist is such a witty smart mouth; those are my favorite type of characters.


!Warning! Slight, possible spoilers, but meh.

Can we just talk about Patch for a second?? *fans face* What a total hottie! I like a good, attractive male character as much as anyone else, but Patch is so infuriatingly mysterious, and just *indecipherable noise*. Patch is one of those guys that screams "mysterious bad boy", someone most girls mom's would hate for their daughters to bring home. Not you, right, mom? He falls under the title "Boys That Are Positively Kailei's Type", so I may have  liked him more than some people would.
 
   Okay, back on topic, the book is just a little bit predictable, but that's coming from someone who lives for these kinds of books, and can tell you the ending to almost every book by the second chapter, so don't take my word for it, but I thought it was a little predictable.
   The plot twist completely derailed me, it was CRAZY unexpected!

      I think it's Nora's sarcastic ways that really make me like her. Her and Vee's (her best friend) *finger quotes* detective work made me face-palm and feel embarrassed for them on more than one occasion...

    Overall, this is a really good book, a little crazy, but it has a hot boy, so that's something? The second book is better and worse at the same time, strangely enough it reminded me of when I read Twilight; New Moon, all that time ago, because it stirred up the same feelings that I had while reading that book.

    Anywayysss, before I get carried away, I may do a review on the second book after I finish reading the fourth one...I finished two books yesterday, whoops. I also read the book Rippler, the first book in a series of SEVEN, idk how I keep finding such long series, geez. I read a series of ten (it has a SEQUEL series, yes, a SEQUEL SERIES FOR A SERIES WITH 10 BOOKS, it's crazy!) and I'm debating on whether or not to review those. I still don't have the second Ripple book, but I'm working on it :3

No comments :

Post a Comment

We value your opinion, so feel free to share it with us!

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »