Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Book Review: My Life Next Door (Huntley Fitzpatrick)


My Life Next Door
Huntley Fitzpatrick
Genre: Romance, Young Adult






"One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts.  
All the time."

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, messy, affectionate. And every day from her rooftop perch, Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs up next to her and changes everything.


As the two fall fiercely for each other, stumbling through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first love, Jase's family embraces Samantha - even as she keeps him a secret from her own. Then something unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?


A transporting debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.






    This book is so incredibly good. It is the first YA romance that I've read and I am glad that it was because it was one of the bests books that I have read. It's not just about the couple or the main character or the boy's family. All the different aspects of the book are in perfect sync and harmony. The two families are complete and utter polar opposites.The mother hates the other family(the Garret's) and is always talking about how awful they are, despite the fact that she'd never even met them. Let's be honest here guys, if you've read this book, you hate the mother. I really hated the mother, she annoyed the crap out of me, (not to mention her crap southern talking a**hole of a boyfriend.) but in the end her character development was amazing. She admitted that she was wrong and apologized, as well as made up for what she did in some ways. Okay, enough about the mother, onto the main character and her lover boy (Hehe all I think of is Dirty Dancing when I say that).  The lead character, Samantha, grows up constantly looking out her window at the Garret's house. She's rich (duh) and she has a seemingly normal life, perfect grades, good job, best friend.... Then she meets Jase Garret, and it makes her whole life different in an amazing and wonderful way. Jase has a family of eight compared to Samantha's family of two (a sister and a mom). They are so different yet so alike and together they are perfect. And guys!!! This YA romance has A PLOT TWIST!!!! Actually it has several! I told you it wasn't just a regular romance novel. It is so well written, smooth and easy, there was not a moment that I was bored. Sure I always wanted more of Jase, but still. And of course my last point is gonna be about Tim, I adore him. At first you don't really like him but his character's growth is incredible and you end up loving him. He is by far one of my favorite characters in the book, along with George. He does have a twin sister that is/was Samantha's best friend, but lets not talk about her (you who have read the book understand what I'm talking about.). This book is a favorite of mine and I strongly recommend it. You'll love it for sure.

  All right, that's all for now, guys. Make sure you check out other reviews that me and the others have done! I love you all! Xoxo~ Naomi.









My Instagram~ ThatsSoOmi
Our Instagram~Commonbooksense
Our Facebook~ Commonbooksense
Our Twitter~ @Commonbooksense

No comments :

Post a Comment

We value your opinion, so feel free to share it with us!

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »