Monday, April 04, 2016

Book Review: Bound (Julie Wixom)

Bound
by: Julie Wixom

Genres: Thriller, Romance

When it comes to relationships, if it ain’t broke, chances are I haven’t gotten around to breaking it yet. Only this time, I couldn’t figure out what I did to send James, the only guy I’ve ever loved, running for the hills. In fact, I’d nearly become an obsessive, ex-stalking crazy person. Surfing straight into a one night stand with Sam probably wasn’t the best option, and as far as one night stands go, he doesn’t seem to understand the meaning of the term. 

I can’t deny the heat when it comes to Sam. The chemistry almost makes me forget about James—except that for an ex, he turns up more often now than ever. Between the two of them, a slight entanglement with the FBI, and a huge secret that will turn everyone’s world upside down, things aren’t exactly going as I had planned. I never thought I’d be faced with a choice between an ex I can’t seem to forget and the man who can’t seem to forget me. 

Despite all the mistakes, mischief and mayhem, we’re all, willing or not, bound together.

**WE WERE PROVIDED WITH A FREE COPY OF THIS BOOK IN EXCHANGE 
FOR THE FOLLOWING HONEST REVIEW**

Well, I finished reading Bound today. The first six chapters were hard to follow, the descriptions were dry and kind of boring. They didn't draw me in like other books I have read in the past. I didn't give up though, and I am glad. Chapter seven through the end proved to be worth my time. I couldn't put it down, couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. Even though there was some misspelled/misused words I figured out quickly what the word was supposed to be and read on. 
I would recommend this book with a warning to be patient because it is worth it in the end.

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »