Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Book Review: Bright's Passion (E.B. Black)

Bright's Passion
by: E.B. Black

Genres: Fantasy, Romance

Bright wishes he wasn't the god of the suns. 

Every day is the same: he makes the suns rise and then they set. He looks down at humanity's corruption. He watches wars, people starving, and thieves stealing. 

He can't help. Every time he tries, the humans take something from him. They've destroyed his family and he has no doubt that they'd like to destroy him, too. 

Adonya is a raven-haired witch with powers that make her as close to a goddess as a human can be. He's wondered what it was like to be with a woman, but all the goddesses are dead. 

He can feel it when he touches her—she's as dangerous as all the rest of the humans. Can the power of love join their races together? Or will one of them wind up dead in the end?

**WE WERE GIVEN A FREE COPY OF THIS BOOK IN EXCHANGE
FOR THE FOLLOWING HONEST REVIEW**
I have SO much to say about this book..but first, I must apologize for not posting reviews as much as I should...believe me, Shell has reminded me several times haha. As I stated in a post over the weekend, some medicine my doctor has me taking makes me craazzyyyyyyyy dizzy, and when I try to read it makes me feel like I'm going to puke.

Anyway, you don't care about my sob story, you're here for the review!!

I have read several books similar to this (or so I thought). The whole 'fall in love with an immortal' thing is, albeit, slightly overdone...But some people prefer their steak cooked that way........and some people are vegan (or a vegetarian), but that's beside the point.

I realize that I probably offended one or many of you. If I offended you by saying "vegan" before "vegetarian", I'm sorry....but people would have been offended even if I said vegetarian first.

 If you're angry I even brought up vegans/vegetarians, well, it was a fact, and YEW CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH, as someone apparently very famous once said.

Lastly, if you're offended that I mentioned that some people like to eat meat, well, you're just gonna have to suck it up because people eat meat and also because this is the internet and I can say what I want. That is also a fact. #WhySoSerious #IdoAsIPlease

This book was very unique. All of the books similar to this that I have read have been through the eyes of the one falling in love with said immortal. The mortal with a comparatively shorter life span, might I add....which is typically true when you compare an immortal to a mortal. Who'd have thought? Anyway, as I was saying, this book was different in that aspect. It was through the life of Bright, the god. It was a very new experience, as well as quite humbling, to read something like that.

There were a few awkward parts. For example, the first third of the book is mostly without dialogue, and it was beautifully written, but I found the periods of extended dialogue to be slightly stiff. As well as the fact that the time period where this book takes place is a little lost on me...they spoke with very modern language, so I would picture them in slightly-modern times....but then Bright was wearing robes and a loincloth. I found that it was very jarring to be yanked from the book by something like that..But I found my eyes simply passing over these minor issues as I was thrown hazardously back into the world of Bright and his problems.

I also found Bright to think of things in a rather vulgar way, but it was easy for me to overlook those minor grievances as I was eagerly turning the page. I really like Bright. I found myself comparing him to several of the sun gods I've met on my reading adventures.

I can say, without a doubt, that if E.B. Black decides to send me the next book, that I will pick it up and read it without hesitation. Bright's Passion was a book that I thought about when I wasn't able to read it; I was thinking of what was happening while I was away. The book was very entertaining..And really, that's all that readers ask for.

I'll leave you lovelies with this.
Keep your noses in the pages and I'll blog youuuuu later!!
Purchase this book through
or

and
Blog 
(yes, there's a difference)


E.B. Black kindly sent us her bio, so here it is (the one on her Goodreads is amazing, as well, so you should really click that link up there to read it):


E.B. Black is the annoying author who lives in the head of a nerdy housewife named Elizabeth. Elizabeth tries to live out her days by walking her dog, spending time with her husband, doing housework, and watching television, but E.B. Black makes her drop everything to type out weird fantasy stories. Elizabeth is asking anyone who read this to please send help.












Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »