Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Book Review: Hard Rider (Lydia Pax)

Hard Rider
by: Lydia Pax

Genres:  Adult, Romance
(This book contains graphic sexual situations)

SHE WAS BORN OFF-LIMITS. BUT HE WAS BORN TO BREAK THE RULES.

RAM:

Nobody screws me. I take who I want, when I want, and I always leave them wanting more.
I want more too. Hurt this deep doesn't heal.
After meeting June, I know she’s the fix I need for the pain. 
Her family’s full of cops? So what?
All I want is her. Those luscious curves, the lips that won't quit, hips that make my heart pound like a drum.
My outlaw brothers say me and her together will tear this whole town apart. 
I don’t give a damn.

JUNE:

I never wanted to come home. There’s nothing here but old wounds too bitter to heal.
The day I returned, I met Ram. He’s an outlaw biker built like a god, but there’s nothing divine about his desires.
When he tells me he needs an old lady to stay in his club, we start a dangerous charade. 
He gets a woman and time. I get my sheriff dad off my back. Breathing room.
But every breath around Ram is lightning hot and undeniable.
I can’t be with him for real. He’s every kind of wrong there’s ever been. Unless we’re careful, we’ll rip our lives apart.
But what’s happening between us feels too right to ignore, no matter the cost...
**WE WERE GIVEN A FREE COPY OF THIS BOOK, IN EXCHANGE FOR THE FOLLOWING HONEST REVIEW**

I honestly hope that this review doesn't disappoint, because it's going to be rather short, simply because I don't want to say too much and give any of the book away.

I freaking loved it!! I've read enough hot and steamy bad boy biker books to be considered an expert, so trust me when I say that Hard Rider won't disappoint. Lydia Pax changed things up a bit, and created an alpha male character (Ram) that wasn't afraid to let his guard down and step beyond his comfort zone. Ram's immediate attraction to June, the girl returning to a place that she'd rather forget, led him to come up with a spur of the moment plan that started them down the path of changing one another's lives. It worked, and what started out as a charade, ended up being an exhilarating and sexy ride until the very end. Give. Me. More.





Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »