Monday, July 11, 2016

Book Review: The Rectifier (Glenn A. Jones)

The Rectifier
by: Glenn A. Jones

Genres: Suspense, Thriller, Short Story

Frank Jackson is a rectifier, he rights wrongs caused by senseless and desperate criminals. When the court system fails, he's there to exact his own high-powered vigilante justice.

He's also a man without a past, a man desperately seeking what he has lost.

In the first of a series of electrifying short stories, a coma and subsequent amnesia thrusts Frank Jackson into an unfamiliar world of intrigue and adventure where he relies upon his gut instinct to survive.


**WE WERE GIVEN A FREE COPY OF THIS BOOK IN EXCHANGE FOR THE FOLLOWING HONEST REVIEW**

I honestly don't tend to expect much from short stories.  I realize that I'm being a bit of a brat by approaching them with such a closed mind, but it's been my experience that the majority of them don't have that "wow factor" to keep me interested.  

I'm so pleased to say that The Rectifier exceeded my expectations.  It was packed full of suspenseful dialog, which led to my not being able to put it down until I finished the entire book. In fact, I completely forgot that I was reading a short story until it was over....and I then found myself dying to get my hands on Volume 2.  Frank Jackson is one bad-ass individual that has definitely gotten himself a new fan.  

I'm not sure if I can say that The Rectifier has changed the way that I look at all short stories.....but it has absolutely set the bar high for the next one I pick up.  

Until next time......
Get your copy on Amazon
Add on Goodreads


No comments :

Post a Comment

We value your opinion, so feel free to share it with us!

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »