Friday, August 12, 2016

Book Review: Riker's Calling (Rico Lamoureux)

Riker's Calling
by: Rico Lamoureux

Genre: Thriller, Novella

From school bullies to the crime-ridden streets of his hometown of Los Angeles, Jeremy Riker has always felt the need to do something about the injustice surrounding him. Just as he sets out on his journey as an urban warrior, he unknowingly gives rise to an obsessive adversary, who ends up becoming one of the most notorious serial killers the city has ever known. Dubbed by the news media as The Spyderco Killer, the methodical psychopath roots himself deep into Riker's life for the long haul, until his own madness propels everything into an intense climax.
**WE WERE GIVEN A FREE COPY OF THIS BOOK IN EXCHANGE FOR THE FOLLOWING HONEST REVIEW**

When an author submits a review request for a novella/short novel, I find myself crying a little inside.  Don't get me wrong, I've read some that have been absolutely amazing, but for the most part I've found that, in order to keep it short and sweet, the content tends to be lacking...making it really hard to become submerged in the plot. There's nothing worse than finishing a book and feeling like something was missing....like it could have/should have been so much more!

Let me begin this review by saying that Riker's Calling did not once feel like a typical novella.  In fact, it exceeded my expectations in ways that I didn't think possible.  The plot's twists and turns made it truly impossible to put down.  It had me guessing what was going to happen next, and then left me speechless.  The characters were perfect, the story line was phenomenal, the content amount was dead on, and the way it was able to make me forget I was reading a novella was absolutely refreshing.  

I try not to be too bossy when writing my reviews, but I can't help it today.  Read this book....seriously, read it.  You won't regret picking it up, and I'm confident that once you've finished it you will be anxious to get your hands on the next installment, The Ghostwriter. 

As always, you can find all the good stuff below.

Until next time......








Get your copy on Amazon
Add on Goodreads






No comments :

Post a Comment

We value your opinion, so feel free to share it with us!

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »