Thursday, August 20, 2015

Book Review: Mindspeak: book one in the Mindspeak Series (Heather Sunseri)



  Mindspeak

By: Heather Sunseri
Genres: Paranormal/Fantasy (Supernatural,
Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy), 
Sci-Fi (Dystopia), Romance, Fiction



Mindspeak (Mindspeak, #1)She was created for a purpose so revolutionary, someone was willing to kill for it.

Seventeen-year-old Lexi Matthews keeps two secrets from her elite boarding school classmates—she’s the daughter of a famous and controversial geneticist, and she can influence people’s thoughts.

But after new student Jack DeWeese heals her broken arm with an anything-but-simple touch, he forces Lexi to face a new reality—her abilities reach much further than speaking to the minds of others.

After Lexi’s father goes missing and she receives threatening emails, she can’t decide whether to fall into Jack’s arms or run and hide.

As Lexi seeks answers to what she and Jack are, she discovers a truth more unsettling than anything her science books can teach. And letting Jack into her life of secrets is not only a threat to her very existence, but it just might break her heart wide open.








Yass, I have finally found a good book under the genre that I am slightly obsessed with as of late.
Mindspeak is one of the books that I used in/on SensibleBookSunday..I think it might have been about a week ago. So, this is a plus, you guys can get it for the low, low price of FREE!
Okay, so no secret that I'm super into books with witty female protagonists and people with supernatural powers.


I mean, just, WOW, this book was full of twists and turns. I personally didn't enjoy how, I don't want to say 'weak', but how weak the female protagonist was at some moments, it confused her character, but she did the "When something bad happens, I'm gonna go and cry into the chest of strong male lead," one second, and then the next she had the whole "Me female, me no need man!" mentality  down to a point, but then she goes and acts like a damsel in distress again, and it's kind of annoying, as well as mind-boggling that she changes views like that. What mentality will Lexi be wearing today? Some of you may not feel this way about it, and I found it really easy to look over because I enjoyed reading it, but this is about what Kailei thought of the book, not what Kailei thinks you might think of the book...

Now, I have to be kinda careful because I've already finished the second book, and three or four chapters of the third (that's my bad habit; I don't put down my tablet until I finish the whole series, not even to write up a review for you guys), but I've taken a small break from reading to watch Netflix and I thought "Hm, the blog has been a little lacking lately, why not write up a review really quickly?" So here I am!

There are some really unpredictable plot twists, remember that this is coming from the girl that can tell you what's going to happen in a book after reading the first three pages. So many trust issues happening in this book, I mean, wooaaahhhh, all da issues.

I dunno, I think that the reason I enjoyed this book is because it's pretty original, (meaning that I haven't read a book that's exactly like this), her dad is a super smart scientist, her dad kept loads of the truth form her...all of the truth, really. She has two mothers, not even the "my dad remarried, so now I have two moms" or "I was adopted. so I have two moms", she LITERALLY has two mothers. *Mind explodes* You'll understand later in the book, if I'm not completely confusing the first and second book and now you'll be waiting to find out, but you don't until the second book, so I made you really confused......The consequences could be dire! Do what you will with said information.

Okay, so the first book is free, but the second and third cost around three-four dollars each, for the eBook, not the physical copy, which, in my opinion, isn't too crazy.


And Jack is just pretty amazing. *leaves this here and backs away slowly*

......You're welcome....


I'll write up the other reviews on le other books whenever I finish the third (maybe, posisbly, I usually read too fast..I actually have a few books that I haven't reviewed, but I read. Oopss)

See you when I see you, lovelies.

No comments :

Post a Comment

We value your opinion, so feel free to share it with us!

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »