Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Book Review: Fangirl (Rainbow Rowell)




 Fangirl
By: Rainbow Rowell
 Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary Fiction, Love, Realistic Fiction,Chic Lit
Fangirl


From the author of the New York Times bestseller Eleanor & Park.
A coming-of-age tale of fan fiction, family and first love. 

Cath is a Simon Snow fan.
Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan...
But for Cath, being a fan is her life—and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words... And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this?

Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

And does she even want to move on if it means leaving Simon Snow behind?


"Touching and utterly real." —  Publisher's Weekly






 Hey guys!!! Sorry I've been kinda M.I.A for the past few weeks, I've been really busy(who knew I had a life). Okay, so about this book... It maybe....sort of... might be my new favorite book. There are so many things going on, like, OH MY GOSH! Its about a boy and another boy, and the sister and the mom and the dad, oh gosh, the DAD! So many things are happening, it is so entertaining. As soon as I started reading it I was like "Yes yes yes yes yes yes yesssssss", because, for starters, the lead character, Cath, is super easy to relate to. I don't particularly identify with her, but I know many people like her, and I can tend to be introverted at times(lets be real though, I love da peoples). Now I'm not sure if other people thought this, but I love her roommate. Reagan's really intimidating and off putting at first, but once you get to know her you see that she is just a big softy with actual feelings(sorry to disappoint guys, but she sadly isn't a robot). And we can't forget about Levi! He's such a cutie pie, with his warm smile and glittery personality, I adore his character, you get to see so many different sides to him and its amazing! Now, onto Wren (Cath's twin sister), She seems like a normal preppy party girl, but she is sad, and angry...that is a character I like to see. The development of her character is gradual and slow but I love seeing how much she matured, while still keeping her childish ways. And, last, but most definitely not least, their father. He's been through a lot, he has mental issues, and is extremely sad, but he remains happy, and keeps trying his hardest. In the middle of the book he seems to quit, but then he goes through some more stuff and realizes that he doesn't want to be bad anymore, so he stops. He is by far one of my favorite characters in this book. This novel is funny, sad, happy, cute, romantic, and, not to mention, has drama; its the best. I highly recommend this book to everyone in the universe. 
Thanks for reading today my people, I hope you enjoyed!
I love you all, and I'll talk to ya next time
~xoxo, Naomi

No comments :

Post a Comment

We value your opinion, so feel free to share it with us!

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »