Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Book Review: The Sisters Grimm Series (Michael Buckley)








The Sisters Grimm Series

By: Michael Buckley
Genres: Fiction, Fantasy





For Sabrina and Daphne Grimm, life has not been a fairy tale. After the mysterious disappearance of their parents, the sisters are sent to live with their grandmother--a woman they believed was dead! Granny Relda reveals that the girls have two famous ancestors, the Brothers Grimm, whose classic book of fairy tales is actually a collection of case files of magical mischief. Now the girls must take on the family responsibility of being fairy tale detectives.











Hey guys! So I know I haven't posted in a while and I'm sorry, but I've been really busy lately. Please forgive me. Today I will be reviewing The Sisters Grimm, which is a nine part series. I will not be reviewing all of the books individually, but if you would like me to, just leave a comment. If I get enough I will review each book separately.

 So this series is the first that I ever read, I fell in love with it and it is what began my love affair with books. It is said that this series is meant for children, and I did read it when I was very young. But I believe anyone could read it. These books are filled with action, mystery, crime, fairytales, romance, and not to mention the plot twist at the end of the series is extremely shocking. I was not expecting it at all, and that's rare for me. Now, onto the characters I suppose. Sabrina is the oldest sister, she is stubborn, protective, and wants nothing but what she wants. She is a very well rounded character and her development throughout the series is  amazing. Her younger sister Daphne is the complete opposite of her, she is sweet, loving, caring, and believes in every fairytale imaginable. She grows so much, and reading it makes you feel like you're actually witnessing this little girl grow up. Their Grandmother is adorable, she is also pretty awesome and stands up for what she believes in. Just.. ughhhhh I love her. Now there are many other characters that I would like to talk about but I'm only going to talk about one more (if you would like me to talk about the others leave a comment!), and that is Puck. Puck is the king of pranksters, he is a trouble maker, and him and Sabrina obviously have a thing. He adds comic relief to the books, he's a character that, when all is said and done, you love. As his character develops he becomes more mature, while still maintaining his childish ways, and turns into a young man. I have to say he is one of my favorite characters. So yeah, this series is amazing! you should really check it out, I highly recommend it!
That's all for today guys!
 XoXo~Naomi 

No comments :

Post a Comment

We value your opinion, so feel free to share it with us!

Books We've Reviewed

Outspoken
Pieces Like Pottery: Stories of Loss and Redemption
Tangled Web
Dead as a Doornail
Where Death Is a Hunter
Mindspeak
Gifted
Not Your Mother's Goose
Undressed To The Nines: A Thriller Novel
Supernaturally
Bees in Loretta's Bonnet
Ukiyo
Strays
Let Love In
Providence
Let The Waves Come In
The Mine
Learning to Swim
Mother
Anissa of Syria


CommonBookSense's favorite books »